This is an unusual hiking route. During a 2 days’ hiking tour, you will have a unique Great Wall hiking experience escorted by professional expert guide and driver. The normal hiking speed is about 2.5 kilometers per hour, but can be modified according to your physical condition.
Highlights | Hike the wild Great Wall
– Life time experience
– No. 1 of the Seven Wonders of the world
– Two days to challenge the four sections of the Great Wall
– Gubeikou Great Wall: The most complete Great Wall system of the four
– Jinshanling Great Wall: The most extravagant mountain line with the most beautiful observation deck and the most profound historical ruins
– Mutianyu Great Wall: One of the best-preserved sections
– Jiankou Great Wall: covers hundreds of years of history, non traditional but more wild
– Watching the sunset on the Great Wall
– Mutianyu slide
Brief Itinerary | Hike the wild Great Wall
Day 1 Shanghai-Beijing-Gubeikou – Jinshanling (D)
Day 2 Jiankou – Mutianyu-Beijing-Shanghai (B/L)
Duration: 2 days
Activities Level: Moderate to difficult
Hotel Accommodation: Hotel near Jiankou
Transport: private air-conditioned vehicle
Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Tour details | Hike the wild Great Wall
Day 1 Shanghai-Beijing-Gubeikou (Dinner)
Take a high speed train to Beijing in the early morning, approx. 4.5-5 hours. Meet and greet, drive to Gubeikou. Hike around 9 km from Gubeikou to Jinshanling and back in the afternoon, approx 4 hours. Enjoy the sunset at the Great Wall. Dinner at local restaurant near Gubeikou.
Gubeikou section is less traveled, raw and unrestored. Jinshanling section is an ideal place for hiking enthusiasts to test themselves against its steep gradients and to enjoy the landscape. It’s is only partly restored, it’s also less crowded, and it provides a unique view of the Wall, watchtowers and magnificent scenery.
Day 2 Jiankou – Mutianyu-Beijing-Shanghai (Breakfast/Lunch)
In the early morning, you will hike from Jiankou to Mutianyu, approx. 8.5 km. After lunch, drive back to Beijing railway station and departure.
08.30 Hotel pick up, drive to Xizhazi village where the hiking tour begins. Hike from Jiankou to the Mutianyu restored section is about 4-5 hrs, approx. 8.5 km. Built along the rolling ridgeline, the hoary walls and the verdant vegetation set each other off, offering graceful scenery. Transfer to Beijing railway station and take high speed train back to Shanghai Hongqiao.
end of services
Price: CNY 2980 per double occupancy, based on 6 persons traveling together
Size of Group: 6 persons
- May 25 G6 07:00-11:38 Shanghai-Beijing South or similar standard seat
- May 26 G15 18:00-22:43 Beijing South-Shanghai or similar standard seat
- 1 night hotel accommodation at Buck Commune with twin or double std room
- Private transfers with air-conditional vehicle as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing tour,entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
- Mutianyu Great Wall one way cable car or slide ticket
- Local English speaking hiking guide
- 1 hotel breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner as indicated in itinerary
Accommodation | Hike the wild Great Wall
Hotel: Buck Commune close to Jiankou
Information: Within close proximity of such Beijing attractions as the Mutianyu Great Wall, Yanqi Lake and Hongluo Temple. In addition to standard, queen and family rooms, this Beijing hotel also feature cottages, suites and villas on offer. Dining options include farmhouse style dishes and BBQs. There is also a café, a bar and a teahouse. Additional hotel facilities include conference rooms, an outdoor swimming pool, a billiards room and a karaoke hall.