The Tulou built by the Hakka people are amongst the most famous and precious architectural treasures of China. The Hakka people are Han Chinese people who migrated from Northern to Southern China during the fall of the Southern Song Dynasty in the 1270s. They tended to take up residence in the mountains and build massive structures (Tulous). UNESCO described Hakka Tulou as “exceptional examples of a building tradition and function exemplifying a particular type of communal living and defensive organization in a harmonious relationship with their environment”. Hike Hakka Tulous, discover the mysteries behind the wall.
- World Heritage Sites: TianluokengTulou cluster，Yuchanglou，Chengqilou
- Dreamlike water-related rural scenic-Taxia village
- Family Zhang’s 600 years Clan Ancestral Hall
- Hike the Hakka Tulou
- Fujian Cuisine & Nanjing Tea
Meet & greet. Drive 2.5 hours to Nanjing. Sightseeing tour incl. Tianluokeng Tulou & Yuchanglou, then hike to Taxia Village and surounding mountains. Enjoy the sunset.
Hotel breakfast, hike from Taxia village to Kekeng Tulou Cluster, Shiqiao village and Meilin village approx. 13KM, Lunch near the site, drive then to Yongding. Visit the Chengqilou, transfer back to Xiamen city or airport. Trip ends.
Tour price per person
CNY 2080 with twin sharing
CNY 2380 with single room
based on a minimum of 4 pax
- Accommodation in Nanjing Lotus land, 1 night
- 1 hotel breakfast, 2 lunches at local restaurant
- Local English & Chinese speaking guide
- 2 days Private transfers as mentioned in itinerary
- Hakka Tulou entrance tickets incl Tianluokeng Tulou cluster and Chengqilou
What’s Not Included:
- In and out flights to Xiamen (pls ask our assistant)
- Travel Insurances (pls ask our assistant)
- Personal expense such as telephone calls, fax, laundry, beverages and meals, and others which are not indicated in the itinerary
- Tips to guides, porterages & drivers if service is satisfied
The Lantau House is located in the heart of the Taxi Village, like a beautiful island suspended in a bamboo grove. The unique mountain spring pool is both beautiful and romantic, relax while watching the stars and listening to the wind. Sleep to the sound of gurgling water and let the sun wake you up!