This Bali Galungan Festival will show you the Balinese tradition of Galungan. The festival is the beginning of the most important recurring religious ceremonies in Bali. It marks when the spirits of deceased relatives return to visit their former homes, so the current inhabitants have a responsibility to be hospitable through prayers and offerings. As one of the most famous island of Indonesia, Bali is magical with spectacular mountain scenery, enchanting culture, beautiful beaches, dynamic dances and music.
Tour Highlights | Bali Galungan Festival
– Most important Balinese event – the magical Galungan Festival
– Tall bamboo poles beautifully decorated on the right side of every house entrance (‘penjor’)
– Beautifully dressed up locals in their traditional clothing
– Locals attending temple ceremonies with offerings, blessings & rituals
– Taste the delicious traditional rice cakes served for the festivities, among other distinct Balinese cuisine
– Cleanse and balance your inner & outer energy with the locals
– Explore the exquisite Balinese architecture and visit intricate temples
– Traditional dance performances like ‘Kecak’
– Rejuvenating Balinese massage
Tour Details | Bali Galungan Festival
Day 1 July 22 Arrival Denpasar – Ubud (Dinner)
Upon arrival at Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar, be met by the local guide and transferred to Ubud.
In the evening your guide and driver will pick you up again from hotel then drive for see Balinese dance performance followed by dinner in a local restaurant.
Overnight in Ubud.
Day 2 July 23 Ubud Centre-Perkedui-Tampaksiring-Ubud (Breakfast)
The day starts in Ubud with a visit to the Peliatan Palace, which features very traditional Balinese architecture.
Continue to the ARMA Museum (Agung Rai Museum of Art), to view the best permanent collection of Balinese and Indonesian paintings. A visit to ARMA provides a great overview of the island’s rich artistic traditions.
A trip to the sacred Monkey Forest then offers an introduction to Ubud’s cheeky inhabitants, followed by some free time at Ubud Market where local vendors sell everything from food to clothes, souvenirs and art.
Next, drive to the area of Perkedui near Tegalalang to view some of the most beautiful terraced rice fields in Bali. Here, lunch is served in a restaurant overlooking the rice terraces.
Following lunch, head to Tampaksiring Village to explore Tirta Empul, a temple famous for its sacred spring water. All Balinese bathe here at least once a year for a ritual cleansing in these holy waters, which are dedicated to Vishnu.
Return to the hotel and have dinner at leisure.
Overnight in Ubud.
Day 3 July 24 Ubud – Galungan Celebration – Ubud (Breakfast, Lunch)
Experience the celebration of Galungan – the most colourful festival in Bali. Upon arrival in the village, be provided a sarong to blend in with villagers. Then help prepare for a ceremony and learn how to make banten, or traditional offerings. Strolling through the village with a local guide, will learn about the history of this important celebration. Witness the ritual performance of village purification called ngerebeg, in which locals display penjor, an offering in front of their house.
Enjoy a typical Balinese lunch in the village.
Then back to the hotel in Ubud. Afternoon day at leisure.
Overnight in Ubud.
Day 4 July 25 Ubud departure (Breakfast)
CNY 4950 per person twin
CNY 7450 per person, single room
based on a minimum of 6 pax
– 3 nights hotel accommodation, Ubud Komaneka Rasa Sayang (superior class)
– 3 hotel buffet breakfasts & 1 lunch & 1 dinner
– All private transfers with air-conditional vehicle as indicated in the itinerary
– Local licensed English or French or German or Dutch or Spanish speaking guide as indicated in the itinerary
– All entrance fee and tours as indicated in the itinerary
– Traditional Balinese massage on July 22
What’s not included:
– In and out flight to Bali DPS
– Travel Insurances (ask our assistant)
– Personal expense, beverages and meals, and highlights or sightseeings which are not indicated in the itinerary
– Tips to guides, porterages & drivers if service is satisfied
Accommodation | Bali Galungan Festival
Hotel name:Ubud Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
Information: Located along Monkey Forest Road in the heart of Ubud, a 5-minute walk from Ubud Market. The hotel features an infinity pool and a spa. Each room at Komaneka Rasa Sayang features a private balcony with a day bed. A TV and a mini-bar are provided. Attached bathrooms provide shower facilities.Komaneka at Rasa Sayang is a one-hour drive away from Ngurah Rai International Airport.